If flood waters have damaged your home or business, SERVPRO of Bay County is Here to Help!
Flooding is defined as “an overflowing of water onto land that is normally dry.” Flooding can be caused by a multitude of different occurrences, the two experienced most frequently in the Florida Panhandle being tropical systems and heavy thunderstorms. Floods are the most common and widespread of all weather-related natural disasters, therefore it is important to understand the different types of flooding possible in your area.
River Flood – a river flood occurs when water rises over the top of a riverbank. This can immediately affect structures located near the river, and if water levels continue to rise, affect homes and businesses downstream.
Coastal Flood – a coastal flood occurs when land areas along the coast are inundated with rising waters. A combination of factors, including tidal patterns, rainfall, and land elevation can all play a role in coastal flooding issues.
Storm Surge – Storm surge is a variation of coastal flooding in which the wind, atmospheric pressure, and waves of a severe storm greatly increase the water level in coastal areas. Highly common during hurricanes, storm surge can occur very quickly, and pose serious property and safety concerns.
Flash Flood – a flash flood is usually caused by heavy or excessive rainfall in a short period of time. Flash floods can occur with very little warning and be extremely dangerous. Clogged draining systems and standing debris can contribute to the likelihood of flash flooding occurrences.
Understanding different types of flooding, those that are most common in your area, and how to prepare, can help to protect both your and your property in the event of a flooding disaster. In the unfortunate event that flood waters have caused property damage to your home or business, SERVPRO of Bay County is Here to Help. For more information about our services, give us a call at 850-785-1077.
Prepare Now For Wet Weather Ahead!
Has wet weather affected your home or business? Give SERVPRO of Bay County a call at 850-785-1077!
Over the next several days, the Florida Panhandle is forecasted to have quite a bit of wet weather moving through. With this weather comes the potential for flash flooding, structural leaks, and wind driven rains. To help reduce the likelihood of your home or business receiving water damages, take precautionary measures now:
- Clean out roof gutters and downspouts. Clogged gutters allow water to back up onto your roof, increasing the chance of water intrusion into your home or business.
- Remove loose debris from your yard. Debris, such as fallen tree limbs or unsecured lawn furniture can become dangerous during heavier winds. These items can cause structural damage, such as broken windows, which can lead to water intrusion in your home.
- Know Your Zone. Determine your flood zoning and prepare appropriately. If you live in a flood prone zone, preparing sandbags may be necessary to help protect your structure. Learn more about Bay County’s Flood Zones at https://www.baycountyfl.gov/508/FEMA-Flood-Zones.
- Follow guidance of local officials. Just as in a hurricane situation, flash flooding and heavy thunderstorms can cause the potential need for evacuation. Follow the instruction given by local officials to keep yourself and your loved ones safe.
If your home or business experiences a water damage loss, know that SERVPRO of Bay County is Here to Help. Our experienced team offers emergency water damage response, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, allowing us to arrive quickly to begin mitigating the damages. For more information about our services, call 850-785-1077, We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.
Carillon Beach Fire Safety Tips
Smoke Alarms are Essential in Staying Fire Safe! Check and Change Batteries Out Monthly, and Replace Faulty Devices as Needed.
According to the National Fire Protection Association, the top five causes of structure fires are cooking, heating, electrical, smoking, and candle usage. As most of these are common occurrences and activities, it is important to utilize fire safety equipment and strategies effectively to reduce the risk of a fire in your home or business, as well as keep yourself, loved ones, and coworkers safe. Fire safety suggestions from leading industry authorities include:
- Install and Use Smoke Alarms – Be sure to check the batteries at least once a month in every smoke alarm. Depending on the size of the structure, multiple alarms may be necessary, and should be placed strategically to cover all areas.
- Have a Fire Extinguisher Available – Different fire extinguishers are made for different materials. Depending on the type of structure (residence, office building, restaurant, etc.) and contents, a different type of fire extinguisher may be necessary. Visit the US Fire Administration website for more information on fire extinguisher selection.
- Make an Evacuation Plan – In the event of a fire at your home or business, it is imperative to have an evacuation plan already in place. Be sure to share this plan with all involved parties, and practice evaluation with children. Have a designated meeting area outside of the structure for everyone to gather if evacuation occurs.
- Check Wiring and Electrical Equipment Regularly – Flickering lights, a scorched smell, or frequently blow breakers may all be signs of a wiring issue in your home or business. Contact an electrical professional to address these types of issues. Along with structural wiring, you should regularly check appliances and electrical equipment for breaks or frays in cords, which provide a fire hazard.
- Keep Items Away from Open Flames – If burning candles, smoking, or cooking in the home, be sure to keep flammable items, such as draperies, towels, clothing, and cleaning chemicals away from hot surfaces and flames. Fire can spread rapidly once these kinds of items are ignited, making containment and suppression much more difficult.
In the unfortunate event that a fire causes damages to your home or business, know that SERVPRO of Bay County is Here to Help. Serving Panama City Beach, Carillon Beach, and surrounding areas, our professional team responds quickly to your disaster to begin the remediation process. For more information about our services, give us a call at 850-785-1077.
September is National Preparedness Month
September is National Preparedness Month
National Preparedness Month is recognized every September to promote community disaster planning, with the theme for 2020 being “Disasters Don’t Wait. Make Your Plan Today.” With the end of August growing near, an extremely active hurricane season taking place, and extra preparations and precautions made necessary by COVID-19, preparing yourself, your loved ones, and your property for a disaster situation is of the upmost importance. Ready.gov offers weekly National Preparedness Month themes to help organize your preparations:
Week 1 (September 1st-5th): Make a Plan
Determine lines of communication, designated meeting places in case of separation, and responsibilities for each member of your household. Depending on the needs of your family, you may require additional planning steps.
Week 2 (September 6th-12th): Build a Kit
Gather supplies for each member of your family. You kit may include food, clean water, medications, pet foods, communication devices, and batteries. Keep your kit as compact as possible, and in an easily accessible location, in case evacuation becomes necessary.
Week 3 (September 13th-19th): Prepare for Disaster
In the Panhandle of Florida, one of the most common disasters you may face is a hurricane. To prepare for such an event, be sure to follow local and national news as it pertains to hurricane tracking, check your insurance coverage, and make sure your disaster preparedness kit is built. If a storm is forecasted to hit in your area, follow the direction of local officials concerning shelter and evacuation orders.
Week 4 (September 20th-26th): Teach Youth About Preparedness
Make sure children’s needs are included in your preparations. Include their items in your disaster kit, talk with them about protocols and procedures in the event of a disaster situation, and answer any questions they may have.
As a leader in clean up and restoration, SERVPRO of Bay County is Here to Help in the event your property is damaged by a hurricane or other disaster situation. Serving the Panhandle of Florida, including Panama City, Panama City Beach, and Lynn Haven, our team is “Faster to Any Size Disaster!” To learn more about our services, call 850-785-1077.
For more information about National Preparedness Month, visit https://www.ready.gov/september
Restoring Your Panama City Beach Commercial Property After a Water Damage Event
When Commercial Damages Strike, SERVPRO of Bay County is Here to Help!
Flooding and water damage events at Panama City Beach commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we are dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large-scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost productivity, so when an emergency arises at your business, give us a call, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for quick response.
About SERVPRO of Bay County
SERVPRO of Bay County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge and ability to restore your commercial property.
Meet Our Team
See Our Certifications
To learn more about the commercial water damage services SERVPRO of Bay County offers, give us a call at 850-785-1077, We’re Here to Help!
Commercial Services in Bay County, Florida
Offering a full line of commercial clean up and restoration services, SERVPRO of Bay County is Here to Help!
There is never a convenient time for your business to experience and be interrupted by fire, water, storm, or mold damage. We know that every hour your business is out of commission is an hour of lost productivity and revenue. From small, standalone boutiques, to large multi-unit office buildings, when you need professional cleaning or restoration services, SERVPRO of Bay County has the training, expertise, certifications, and resources to handle your disaster. Our commercial service lines include:
As a locally owned and operated franchise ourselves, we understand the stress and worry that comes with damages to your business. To help alleviate that stress, our customers can expect a quick response from a professionally trained team, who will treat their property as they would their own, fair and honest communication, and excellent customer service throughout the entire course of their project.
If your business needs professional fire, water, storm, mold or cleaning services, give SERVPRO of Bay County a call at 850-785-1077, our team is Here to Help!
Water Mitigation Process - Structural Drying
Water Damages to your Home or Business? Serving Panama City, Callaway, Lynn Haven, and Surround Areas, SERVPRO of Bay County is Here to Help!
When responding to a water damage emergency, SERVPRO of Bay County uses high quality equipment and industry leading techniques to begin the process of restoring your home or business. After water removal and extraction have taken place, the primary focus is to dry and dehumidify your structure. Depending on the materials that are affected, the atmospheric conditions in the home or business, and level of saturation that has occurred, our IICRC Certified team uses a combination of proven processes and strategically placed drying equipment to expedite structural drying. Some of the instruments and techniques used by SERVPRO of Bay County include:
- Industrial-grade dehumidifiers help prevent secondary water damage like swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture.
- High-speed air movers to create airflow across walls, carpets, pads, and furniture, which accelerates the evaporation of moisture.
- Use of drying mats or floor tinting to concentrate drying equipment to specific areas of higher moisture
- Continuous monitoring of equipment and moisture levels to ensure optimal drying is taking place in a proper time frame.
If you home or business has suffered a water damage loss, give SERVPRO of Bay County a call at 850-785-1077 for help. Serving Lynn Haven, Southport, Callaway, and surrounding areas, SERVPRO of Bay County is “Faster to Any Size Disaster!”
Common Causes of Residential Fires
SERVPRO of Bay County is Here to Help with all of your fire damage needs in Carillon Beach, Parker, Springfield, and surrounding areas!
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), nearly 350,000 residential fires occur each year in the United States. Along with threatening your home’s structure and contents, residential fires can also be very dangerous for you and your loved ones. Following are some of the most common causes of house fires, along with tips on how to help prevent them:
- Cooking – Microwaves, Ovens, Stoves, Fryers, and Toasters all have the potential to catch fire when in use. While cooking in your home, be sure to keep all flammable materials, such as towels, away from hot surfaces. Never leave your food unattended while cooking, and always check your appliances for residue and build-up before use.
- Faulty Wiring – Outdated or Frayed wires can pose a significant electrical fire hazard in your home. Always have electrical work done by a trained professional. Flickering lights, sparks at light switches, or a burning smell may be signs that something is amiss with your wiring; if these occur, turn off power to the affected area and contact an electrician.
- Use of Open Flame Indoors – Smoking or Burning Candles can easily catch flammable materials on fire if left unattended. Never leave these items burning in an unoccupied room, take care not to fall asleep while smoking or burning candles, and always have a fire extinguisher available in case of emergency.
In the unfortunate event that a fire results in damage to your home, give the professionals at SERVPRO of Bay County a call at 850-785-1077. Serving Panama City, Panama City Beach, Mexico Beach, and surrounding areas, our highly trained team is Here to Help!
Panama City's Professional Restoration Team!
Water, Fire, Mold, or Biohazard Damages? Call 850-785-1077!
Operating in the Panhandle of Florida since 1989, SERVPRO of Bay County has grown over the years into a Clean Up & Restoration leader for Panama City, Panama City Beach, and surrounding areas. As a locally owned and operated business with the backing of over 1,700 franchises, SERVPRO of Bay County is prepared and equipped to respond to your property damage, no matter the size. We have the specialized chemicals & equipment to properly address your fire, water, mold, and biohazard needs, and offer 24-hour emergency response. SERVPRO of Bay County Professionals hold multiple IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification) certifications, including:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Applied Structural Drying
- Commercial Drying Specialist
- Fire & Smoke Restoration
- Applied Microbial Remediation
- Trauma & Crime Scene Cleaning
When disaster strikes, SERVPRO of Bay County is Here to Help. Proudly serving Panama City, Panama City Beach, Lynn Haven, Southport, and surrounding areas, our team is Faster to Any Size Disaster. To find out more about the services we offer, give us a call at 850-785-1077.
Commercial Pack Out Services in Panama City Beach
SERVPRO of Bay County is Here to Help with both your property and contents in Panama City Beach, Carillon Beach, and surrounding areas.
The above commercial office building in Panama City Beach received a great deal of water damage following a major storm. The client had an array of desks, chairs, cubicles, office supplies and personal property belonging to nearly fifty staff members in the affected area. In order to begin the necessary water mitigation, SERVPRO of Bay County inventoried, packed, neatly stacked, organized, labeled and moved the contents of the offices to a separate, unaffected area. These organizational efforts ensured a quick and easy transition for the office staff upon return to their workplace after the water mitigation was complete. SERVPRO of Bay County takes pride in caring for our client’s contents and property with the same care and concern as would be taken with our own personal items.
Offering a full line of commercial cleaning, mitigation, and restoration services, SERVPRO of Bay County is Here to Help get your property back to business after damage strikes. For more information about our commercial services, call 850-785-1077, or visit https://www.SERVPRObaycounty.com/commercial-restoration-services.