Safely Enjoying Fireworks in Bay County
SERVPRO of Bay County provides fire, water, and mold damage services in Panama City, Carillon Beach, Southport, and surrounding areas!
With the 4th of July quickly approaching, coupled with social distancing guidelines implemented due to COVID-19, many families are opting to purchase fireworks to set off at their homes instead of going to a large professional fireworks show. While consumer fireworks can create an enjoyable and memorable family experience, it is important to understand how to properly use them to reduce risk of personal harm or property damage. According to the National Safety Council, fireworks start an average of 18,500 fires each year, including 1,300 structure fires and 300 vehicle fires. Following are some guidelines offered to reduce these risks:
- Never allow young children to handle fireworks
- Older children should use them only under close adult supervision
- Never use fireworks while impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Anyone using fireworks or standing nearby should wear protective eyewear
- Never hold lighted fireworks in your hands
- Never light them indoors
- Only use them away from people, houses, and flammable material
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person
- Only light one device at a time and maintain a safe distance after lighting
- Never ignite devices in a container
- Do not try to re-light or handle malfunctioning fireworks
- Soak both spent and unused fireworks in water for a few hours before discarding
- Keep a bucket of water nearby to fully extinguish fireworks that do not go off or in case of fire
In the unfortunate event that a firework mishap results in fire damage to your property, give the professionals at SERVPRO of Bay County a call at 850-785-1077. Serving Panama City, Panama City Beach, Mexico Beach, and surrounding areas, our highly trained team is Here to Help!
SERVPRO of Bay County's Water Damage Restoration Process
Water Damage in Your Panama City Home or Business? Call SERVPRO of Bay County at 850-785-1077!
At SERVPRO of Bay County, providing mitigation and restoration services after a water damage has occurred at your home or business is our top priority. We know that water damage to your home or business can be a very stressful occurrence, and if not handled properly, can result in extensive damage, content loss, or business interruption. We offer 24 hour a day, 365 day a year emergency response for water damages, allowing us to respond quickly, assess the damages, and formulate a plan to restore your property. Every water damage situation is a little different, and requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for mitigating water damage emergencies:
Step 1: Emergency Contact
Call SERVPRO of Bay County as soon as possible to begin the restoration process. Even minor delays can significantly increase the damage to your home or business.
Step 2: Inspection and Damage Assessment
Upon arrival, our highly trained technicians will begin the process of inspecting the damages occurred and formulate a plan to help restore your property.
Step 3: Water Removal/Water Extraction
After the initial inspection has been completed, SERVPRO of Bay County will begin removing any standing or excess water from the property and begin to determine what materials may need removal.
Step 4: Drying and Dehumidification
After the excess water has been removed from the property, using industry leading technology and equipment, SERVPRO of Bay County will then begin the process of drying the salvageable materials and monitoring the results of the drying efforts.
Step 5: Cleaning and Repair
Along with extraction, drying and dehumidification services, SERVPRO of Bay County also offers cleaning services for both the structure of your property, as well as any contents that may have been involved in the damage.
Step 6: Restoration
Once all components of the loss have been addressed, you may need restoration services for drywall, baseboard, or other structural components. As a licensed General Contractor, SERVPRO of Bay County offers a wide variety of reconstruction and building services.
When emergency water damage strikes, give us a call, 24 hours a day, at 850-785-1077. Serving Panama City, Panama City Beach, and surrounding areas, SERVPRO of Bay County is “Faster to Any Size Disaster!”
After The Fire...
SERVPRO of Bay County is Here to Help with your fire damage needs in Panama City, Carillon Beach, and Surrounding Areas. Call us at 850-785-1077.
Suffering fire damages at your home can be a very traumatic experience. Along with the damages from the flames, your home may have soot residue, smoke odor, and water damages from firefighting efforts. Many times, the hardest part of the experience is determining “What do I do now?” once the fire is out. The U.S Fire Administration offers these “After the Fire” guidelines to help you through this tough time:
- The top priority is keeping yourself, loved ones, and pets safe. The structure of your home may be unstable, or various hazards present due to the fire damages. Always follow the instructions of the local authorities pertaining to safety in a fire damaged area.
- Contact your insurance agent. Your insurance agent can help determine what your policy covers regarding cleaning and restoration.
- Contact your mortgage company or landlord to report the fire.
- Secure important documents. If undamaged, gather items such as Social Security Information, Birth Certificates, and Passports. If these items have been damaged, you will need to formulate a plan for replacement.
In the unfortunate event that you experience a fire at your home in the Panama City area, SERVPRO of Bay County is Here to Help. Our professional team provides fire restoration services, soot clean up, smoke odor removal, and structural drying to help restore your home. Give us a call at 850-785-1077, We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.
Water Damage Restoration for Your Bay County Restaurant
SERVPRO of Bay County provides emergency 24-hour water damage restoration service in Panama City, Callaway and Mexico Beach!
Owning a restaurant can be a very rewarding experience, but also filled with many obstacles. With multiple sinks, toilets, and a dish washing machine, as well as natural weather occurrences, the potential for water damage within your business is high. Water or flood damage in your restaurant can cripple your business and make it unsafe for you to continue standard operations until specific safeguards are in place. Contamination threats, such as bacteria or mold, that can arise from standing water, could close your doors immediately. To protect your restaurant and keep business flowing after a water damage, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Bay County. We have water restoration experts capable of addressing standing water and implementing drying solutions, as well as cleaning technicians and biohazard specialists if needed to ensure the safety of your restaurant.
Timely response to a water damage is essential in minimizing the disruption of business. SERVPRO of Bay County offers 24-hour emergency water damage response, allowing us to address saturation and exposed materials quickly, and identify which areas are most prone to mold and microbial threats. We have a full line of potent antimicrobial products that can help to eliminate mold spores present on surfaces and protect them from potential colonization.
Removing any standing water in a timely fashion is necessary to not only protect the building your business operates in, but also your investment in the furniture, fixtures, and equipment in the restaurant. From wooden legs of chairs and tables, to bases of booths, and carpets & upholstery, prolonged exposure to excessive moisture can warp and distort these structures to the point of requiring replacement. SERVPRO of Bay County has industry leading drying and extraction equipment and to give your restaurant the immediate attention it needs.
Call SERVPRO of Bay County today at (850) 785-1077 for your Clean Up and Restoration needs, We’re Here to Help!
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned - a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Bay County today at 850-785-1077.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Hurricane Preparedness Week
When storms strike in Panama City, Panama City Beach, and surrounding areas, SERVPRO of Bay County is Here to Help!
Hurricane Preparedness week is May 4th – May 9th, with hurricane season officially beginning on June 1st. Living in the Florida Panhandle, being prepared for a hurricane is of the upmost importance for the safety of you and your loved ones. The National Weather Service offers a comprehensive web page with details on how to prepare for hurricane season, as well as hurricane safety and evacuation information.
Creating and maintaining a hurricane supply kit is one of the most frequently recommended preparedness steps you can take. According to Ready.gov, the following supplies are recommended for your hurricane preparedness kit:
- Water- one gallon per person, per day, for at least 3 days
- Food- at least a 3-day supply of non-perishable food
- Battery powered or hand crank radio
- First Aid Kit
- Be sure to determine beforehand the size batteries needed for your radio and flashlight(s) and have plenty available.
- Manual Can Opener
- Local Maps
- Prescription Medications
- Cash or Traveler’s Checks
- Pencil and Paper
- Copies of Important Documents
Depending on the specific needs of your family, a more extensive kit may be necessary, including children’s games and activities, baby food, or pet supplies. It is recommended to keep your preparedness kit in a cool, dry location that is easily accessible, and to regularly check your supplies to make sure none have expired.
If a hurricane or other storm event causes damage to your home or business, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Bay County at 850-785-1077 for help. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!
Water Damage Do's and Do Not's
SERVPRO of Bay County is Here to Help 24/7/365 with your water damage needs!
Structural water damage can be caused by a variety of sources, including a leaky roof during a storm, a cracked pipe in the wall, a water heater failure, or clogged HVAC lines. No matter the source, SERVPRO of Bay County can provide quick, emergency response to begin the remediation process. Until our professional team arrives, here are a few suggested “Do’s” and “Do Not’s” pertaining to water damage in your home or business, to both keep you safe and better salvage any damaged belongings:
- Remove excess water with mops or towels
- Wipe water from wooden furniture
- Hang rugs to dry
- Move artwork and valuables to a dry, safe location
- Plug in or use any electrical devices in rooms with standing water
- Enter any rooms that have sagging ceilings
- Attempt to lift any large waterlogged materials, as they may be too heavy to handle
- Leave any colored items (such as magazines or dyed linens) on wet floors
When water damage strikes in Panama City, Panama City Beach, or surrounding areas, SERVPRO of Bay County is Here to Help. Give us a call at 850-785-1077, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Safety During a Flooding Event
SERVPRO of Bay County is Here to Help with Storm Damages in Panama City, Mexico Beach, Lynn Haven, and surrounding areas!
Storms can create a multitude of dangerous and costly conditions, such as hail, tornadoes, and flooding. Especially in the lower lying areas of Florida, flash flooding and storm surge can be a threat to both property and personal safety. In order to stay safe during a flooding event, it is important to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Never drive into flood waters. Water can be much deeper than originally anticipated, and flood waters can easily overturn or wash away a car.
- Never drink, bathe, or cook with flood water. Soil, dirt, and bacterial contaminants can exist in flood waters, making them unsafe for consumption.
- Find the highest ground possible during a flood. Flood waters can move very quickly, and depth of water can increase dramatically in a matter of minutes. If evacuation is not possible, then search for an area that is above the flooding area.
- If you have evacuated, do not return to a flooded area until directed by local authorities. Flood waters can remain for days after a storm event, posing multiple safety and structural risks.
If you home or business has been affected by a flooding event, call SERVPRO of Bay County at 850-785-1077. Our highly trained team of professionals is Here to Help make it “Like it never even happened.”
Preparing Your Bay County Business for an Emergency
SERVPRO of Bay County provides commercial restoration services in Panama City Beach, Springfield, Mexico Beach, and surrounding areas.
Hurricane Season begins June 1st, and as many in Bay County and surrounding areas know, not being prepared can come with devastating consequences. At SERVPRO of Bay County, we offer a FREE tool, known as an Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) for commercial properties to be more prepared in case of damaging events such as hurricanes, tornadoes, property fires, or large water damages.
SERVPRO’s ERP provides a digital “one stop shop” for business owners and managers to retain key contacts and pertinent information about their company. Your SERVPRO of Bay County Marketing Representative can assist you in locating and marking various important areas in and around your property, compiling vendor lists and emergency contacts, and uploading important property documents to the ERP. This service is accessible from anywhere with an internet connection via an app and can provide critical information in the event of an emergency.
Interested in learning more about creating an Emergency Ready Profile for your business? Give SERVPRO of Bay County a call at 850-785-1077, We’re Here to Help!
We are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO of Bay County is your Locally Owned and Operated Cleaning Specialist!
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Bay County, 850-785-1077